Tuesday, July 29

All Sugars are NOT Created Equal

I"m learning about sugar & how it affects our bodies, well mine anyway.

Some time ago, I thought I had it nailed! Get rid of white sugar out of the diet, easy. Or so I thought!


So I ditched the white, went over to raw & carried on cooking...


Then I read about how sugar is inflammatory in the body, if there are any issues like arthritis, IBS (irritable bowel)


So I went all out & got rid of the sugars in my cupboards... Or so I thought!


Recently I've been dealing with leaky gut issues, learning about it that is. And compromised gut flora, & other inflammatory diseases (never stop learning)


A wise owl (wiser than me) informed me that dates, coconut sugar, maple syrup, & even bananas... are still sugar! 


There go the sweet treats! This leads me into thinking, what shall I eat or what can others eat, when I want that little something extra at the end of the meal?


So far I"ve found the organic coconut chips are marvellous! Creamy, chewy, semi sweet & filling! Ticks all the boxes! 


I also have a protein bar that I make & keep in the fridge for those moments...after dinner...every night! I'll post the recipe when I make a new batch. 


Some nuts are good, as are sunflower seeds, but I usually eat nuts in the morning unless Im desperate.


Even a date or three helps sometimes. I"ve found cooking some plain rice with bottled unsweetened fruit, with a few drops of stevia on it, is good as a dessert too.


Here's to our good healthy sweet things

p.s. I found this article: http://lifefoods.co.nz/blog/shedding-the-sugar/

No comments:

Post a Comment