Tuesday, June 30

Low Fodmap Spanish Meatloaf via Dr Sue Shepherds book The Low Fodmap Diet Cookbook

I wasnt sure about this recipe, but made it & fed it to the grandies as well. They ate it All, I couldnt believe it! So here's to hidden veges & lean meat.

I used a premium minced beef, as I'm intolerant of fats, but you could use whatever grade you like.

I also tweaked the recipe to suit my body's needs & the kiddies tastes.


I'll upload the pic as soon as I can find it, my Mac is eating pics somehow & I cant find them...weird!
Ingredients:
  • 1 1/2 pounds (700g) extra lean ground beef
  • 1/2 cup (125ml) tomato paste
  • 3/4 cup (90g) dried gluten free soy free bread crumbs
  • 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
  • 2 tsp garlic or chilli infused oil
  • 2 tsp olive oil
  • small handful of chopped parsley leaves
  • 3/4 tsp ground ginger
  • 1 tsp ground chilli powder (I left this out)
  • 1 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper (I left this out)
  • 1 1/2 tsp sweet paprika (I used smoked)
  • salt & freshly ground black pepper (I will use 1/2-1 tsp salt next time)
  1. Preheat the oven to 350ºF (180ºC) Line an 8 1/2" x 4 1/2" (21.5 x 11.5cm) loaf pan with foil & spray with cooking spray.
  2. Combine the beef, tomato paste, bread crumbs, eggs, chili infused oil, olive oil, parsley, ginger & smoked paprika, salt & pepper in a large bowl.I added a few leaves of chopped silverbeet & a grated carrot as well.
  3. Mix well & then press evenly into the loaf pan. I run wet hands across the top to smooth it.
  4. Bake 40-45 mins until cooked through & juices run clear when cut. It also shrinks away from the sides when cooked.
  5. Rest for 5 mins before cutting. Serve with garlic mashed potatoes. (I made mashed potatoes with coconut & olive oil to mash)

No comments:

Post a Comment