I used a premium minced beef, as I'm intolerant of fats, but you could use whatever grade you like.
I also tweaked the recipe to suit my body's needs & the kiddies tastes.
I'll upload the pic as soon as I can find it, my Mac is eating pics somehow & I cant find them...weird!
- 1 1/2 pounds (700g) extra lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup (125ml) tomato paste
- 3/4 cup (90g) dried gluten free soy free bread crumbs
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tsp garlic or chilli infused oil
- 2 tsp olive oil
- small handful of chopped parsley leaves
- 3/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp ground chilli powder (I left this out)
- 1 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper (I left this out)
- 1 1/2 tsp sweet paprika (I used smoked)
- salt & freshly ground black pepper (I will use 1/2-1 tsp salt next time)
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF (180ºC) Line an 8 1/2" x 4 1/2" (21.5 x 11.5cm) loaf pan with foil & spray with cooking spray.
- Combine the beef, tomato paste, bread crumbs, eggs, chili infused oil, olive oil, parsley, ginger & smoked paprika, salt & pepper in a large bowl.I added a few leaves of chopped silverbeet & a grated carrot as well.
- Mix well & then press evenly into the loaf pan. I run wet hands across the top to smooth it.
- Bake 40-45 mins until cooked through & juices run clear when cut. It also shrinks away from the sides when cooked.
- Rest for 5 mins before cutting. Serve with garlic mashed potatoes. (I made mashed potatoes with coconut & olive oil to mash)